So Sydney loves to wear dresses and skirts and has had a hard few months not being able to wear them to school... being winter and all. So last night as she laid out her clothes I notice she is laying out a skirt. I began to remind her that there is snow on the ground and it's 18 degrees in the morning when she gets on the bus and that the tights she also had laying out would not keep her legs warm.
Then the attitude kicked in! She WOULD be find. She WOULD NOT be cold. She began to convince me that her coat, hat and gloves would be enough to keep her legs and everything under the skirt warm.
Okay... she knows best!!!
So this morning... she opens the door to walk to the bus stop. Then quickly runs downstairs in tears panicking that she wont have enough time to change. She runs back upstairs with jeans on and in a frantic state begins putting back on her shoes and then bolts to the bus stop barely making it there.
As tempted as I am to rub this in her face when she gets home and remind her that mommy does know best... I think I'll let this one go.
3 comments:
sometimes its best to learn the hard way. you did good! love you and miss you!!
Be a nice mummy!
Just one of the many many many many moments you'll have like this as she grows up.... wait til shes a teenager!
Hey you.... go see my post and see where we were last night hee hee!
Post a Comment