Thursday, June 28, 2007

Yep, I'm having one of those mornings...

Okay… woke up late because my son thinks it’s funny to instead of hitting the snooze button, he likes to turn OFF the alarm instead… not sure if this is because he’s a 4 yr old or he’s a smart kid who wants to sleep in. Luckily I'm a morning person and was able to overcome it and still get those little guys out of bed :)

So we’re rushing getting ready and I’m blow drying my hair when my dryer goes out… nice! So I’m looking a little on the shabby side today, which is fine… keep reading about how my children also looked today…..

We don’t have time for the kids to eat breakfast so we drive through the ultra healthy McDonalds so they can eat… that actually went well, no line so I was able to get them something quick and off to daycare we went.

I get there and notice that Gavin is wearing two different socks (no, not the same color at all… one brown and one white). Bailey has his shirt AND his shorts on backwards… Syd looked somewhat normal except the McDonald's egg all over her face… so I drop off my white trash looking kids and rush to the car to get to work.

Now for some lame reason Utah is not very smart when it comes to working on the roads. Instead of being like California and understanding about the traffic and emotions of drivers and doing road construction during the night… oh no, Utah does it right at peak traffic times! Maybe they are seeing just how many people they can really piss off in one day? (Yesterday, same thing… took me 45 minutes from downtown to Murray going down State, normally a 15 min drive). So I hit major traffic and it takes me forever to get to the freeway.

But… I did hear “Once Bitten Twice Shy” on the radio which of course had to turn up super loud and that would make anyone’s day better… hehe

So now I’m here at work, safe and alive… my white trash looking kids are playing at daycare. I’m feeling more love than ever with all the “we’ll miss you’s” being said to me today :).

I wonder what the rest of the day will have in store for me???

2 comments:

Jes said...

so what's going on with the job? your temp position has run out, right? anything else lined up yet?

Anonymous said...

I always knew you were WT!!

I hope things went better as the day went on!

btw...I love the new look on both of your blogs!