Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh what a day....

I drop the kids off at daycare at 6:30am... this is after a major crisis of Sydney's hair not being cute enough for her causing her to have a major breakdown all morning.... grrr. So anyway, I was already irritated when I was driving away and heard this loud pop noise, small amount of smoke came from the hood... then a major rattle noise. Oh nice... my car blew up! So I called my new Bishop, (poor guy... has no idea what he's in for with me in his ward), and he came to the daycare parking lot to get me and take me to work.

I opened the hood... thinking that I may all the sudden gain the knowledge of a mechanic... well, I thought that and it worked! I actually saw the problem! It was the 3 prongs that stick into the fuel injector thingy and the middle prong popped out and that is what was flapping around.

The Bishop and I felt that it was probably drivable... at least to the mechanic place so that I wouldn't have to pay for a tow. So off we went... driving very slow... me, praying the entire time it would make it. LOL

Just as the place was in view I heard a new noise and then it died... all lights went on and I lost the power to steer the car. I used my new muscles from working out and cranked the wheel turning it into the parking lot. Wow, those workouts have paid off!

Bishop took me to work and now I sit here waiting to see how much it's going to costs to fix the stupid thing. I'm just glad Matt has the kids this weekend so I don't have to fuss with them not having a car to get around.

Ahhhh the joys of life! :)

1 comment:

Jes said...

i swear, everyone i know is having car issues right now. it must be the season? *lol*

sure hope that you get it figured out and doesn't cost an arm and leg!!!