So it's around 11:30pm and the kids are all tucked in and sleeping and Alisa and I just finished watching a movie. We lock up the house and I head down stairs... and smell a weird smell. It was that plastic/wire/motor burning smell. I didn't see any smoke, but the smell was dang strong. I yelled for Alisa and quickly unplugged the computer, tv, printer... basically everything that can plug in to a wall was unplugged.... then we called 911.
We woke up all 5 sleepy kids and got them out of the house. I grabbed my purse, camera, some shoes for the kids and we all went outside... along with the entire neighborhood. :) The kids hung out in the car at first then came outside to join in on the neighborhood party.
So the firemen, (yes, they were all HOT... which is always nice when it's midnight and we look like crap!), and they were all in the house looking around. They turned on the a/c and the smell got stronger (the a/c unit is right outside the basement window... which was open) as soon as the a/c went off... the smell wasn't as bad. So the verdict... the a/c unit is jacked.
It's been about an hour now and the smell is pretty much gone and the a/c has been off....
All is well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment