Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Daycare woes!

So yeah... today sucked. It's not every day you get a call from your kid's daycare saying that they've been suspended for the day. Bailey was throwing a fit this morning and ran out of the daycare into the parking lot... thus getting suspended. I was about to go into a meeting and had to be late to make calls and find a last minute sitter to watch him for the day. This caused me a lot of heartache and brought me to tears most of the day. A lot of questions arose on how this daycare takes care of the kids... often they are late opening up at 6:30 in the morning and cause me to be late for work. And now this... let's suspend a kid instead of watching him.

So... after my suck face and my numerous meetings that I barely got through, I was ready to get over it.

I picked up Bailey and gave him a talk. Then got Sydney and Gav. We drove to this other preschool that I had heard about. We went there and I loved it. It's a little run down and actually is a home with a back room attached to it. The playground was huge and the place is small... but it felt comfortable. I met with the director, a young girl with crazy hair and a tattoo on her arm, but I totally loved her. She was so nice and when she and I talked about the "issues" of kids throwing fits and dealing with behavior, she was on the same page as me as taking the child aside until they calm down and then find out what is causing them the fit... rather than ignoring them and letting them run away. They also don't "suspend" kids, they deal with punishments with time-outs and notes home to the parents.

I met the other teachers... so nice... real down to earth group of ladies. Looking at the kids there, they all seemed like they were happy. When we got in the car I asked the kids what they thought of the school and all 3 said "can we start here tomorrow?" Now it's just a matter of filling out paperwork. The other daycare is paid for the month of September, but I'm going to try for a refund or just start them at the new place October 1st. I just don't need that phone call again... "come get your kid, he's suspended"... how stupid to deal with a 4 yr old that way.

Now I'm home and ready to take out my aggressions and stresses on the gym equipment! Then I get to come home, shower and edit pictures... :)

4 comments:

Kayla said...

WOW -- they send kids home? I have an issue with that -- glad you decided to make the switch!

Lindi said...

yeah, they are idiots there. not only do they send them home... but they ignor them so the kid can run away... stupid people.

Anonymous said...

Wow...they sound like a bunch of winners! I can't believe they sent him home! Why wasn't anyone watching the door??

Kayla said...

i understand not watching the door thing. its not as easy as it might sound, BUT teachers should be responsible to know the child IS running off, and just didn't have time to get him before he got out of the door, kwim?