So sorry to put such an ugly post after Sydney's sweet baptism post... but I need to vent :)
Last night my car was broken into. They didn't break a window thank goodness, but they did manage to get in and clean me out. I luckily didn't have too many things of great value in my car. In my trunk was two boxes, one full of scrapbooking stuff with some pictures and the other was our portable DVD player that the kids watch movies on during long trips. Both were taken. They cleaned out my glove compartment with all the papers that were in there and then took Sydney's school backpack that had her homework, some books and a gift that my parents got her for her baptism.
In reality, I'm mostly sick about her backpack being stolen. I mean, who steals from a kid??? She was pretty worried that she would get in trouble at school for not having a backpack, but I called her teacher and explained the situation. Her teacher is making her a new homework folder and excused her from her homework! Gosh, way to get out of that Sydney! I'm buying her a new backpack today.
They were sweet enough to leave the carseats and the change in my ash tray. They also didn't want my high tech tape player only radio... hehe... guess not having a fancy CD player does have it's perks.
Anyway, I doubt they'll catch the thieves or recover the items... so it just is another hurdle to jump over and get through. :(
1 comment:
what is up with UT, in all my life only we have never had our car broken into, but we also do not leave things in our car, everything goes in the house, all of our kids that have had car´s broken into leave things in the car, so learn from this experience
Post a Comment