Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I'm mean

April Fool's day is fun... you play jokes on people. It's the one day we get to lie and it's totally acceptable.

My kids have always been too young to appreciate April Fools Day but this year they all knew about it. Kids at school have been talking and Sydney has been so excited about all the jokes she's going to play on her friends. Silly things like "hey your shoe is untied".... stuff like that.

So this morning I felt it was my duty as a cool mom to play a joke on the kids.

We were in the car on our way to daycare and our usual Linkin Park CD was playing and I said "hey kids... Linkin Park is coming back to town! (note: all 3 were mad at me that I went and didn't take them to the concert). I said, "I got us front row tickets and backstage passes to meet the band!" Gavin's eyes lit up with excitement, Bailey started singing one of the songs, Sydney was asking all kinds of questions about back stage and taking pictures with the group. I almost felt bad. Then I said "April Fools"..... blank faces.... they hate me I'm sure. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha thats funny