Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008!!!!

Hmmm.... so Santa came and the kids are happy. Gavin said, "I got everything I ever wanted!" That's what a mother loves to hear.
Every year since Sydney was 4 years old she gets a Cabbage Patch doll from Santa. It's pretty much expected now as she said to me "I already know Santa is bringing me a Cabbage Patch... I wonder what she'll look like this year?" Well this year she has read hair like mommy... uhhh... errr... Sydney's mommy, which I guess that means I'm the doll's grandma! *gasp*

Mommy got some awesome gifts this year! I will never turn down diet coke and Andes mints, (thanks Kristy & Chouaib!). A gift card for iTunes from Shawna and Derrik (thanks guys!). An awesome BYU thingy to put on my shelf and the greatest gift ever... tickets to see the show Miss Saigon when it comes here in May!!!! My sister Alisa and I each got a ticket and we freaked! We LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!!! (not pictured) is a new coat much needed! Thanks mom and dad and G-Jo!!!!!
Almost ready.....
The only thing Gavin asked for over and over again was a Power Ranger on a motorcycle
Bailey got one too... they've traded several times already.
Some DVD movies like Clone Wars, Kung Fu Panda and Sydney freaked when she got the DVD Hairspray (her favorite movie).
I got Sydney a digital camera... just a simple one for her to play with and learn on. Of course I have to take it back because it's cheap and the battery door wont open. Grrrr.....
Anything that was Hulk, Iron Man, Transformers, Power Rangers or Batman was an instant hit... boys are sooooo easy.
The name of her doll this year was lame... well the first name was. Her middle name is Wanetta, which I got a kick out of because that's my mom's real name.... that she hates, so she never goes by it. hahahahah

Biggest gift was the keyboard my parent's got Sydney. She's been wanting to learn the piano for a long time and take lessons... with our small apartment there's just no room for a piano. With this keyboard she can now take lessons and learn :) She's a happy girl!
They all got scarves, hats, gloves, coats and sweatshirts.... welcome to Utah! haha I remember my gifts growing up, boogie boards, shorts, bathing suits.... lol
Ahhh... the 9 bags of trash we get to take out now.... okay not 9, but still a lot!
Today is a sucky day. It's freezing cold and it's now snowing as I type this... mixed with very strong winds.
The kids go to Matt's place this afternoon and my girlfriends and I who also don't have their kids this afternoon are all going to hang out and go see a movie and do dinner.... :)

No comments: