Monday, June 19, 2006

Packing up!

This could be my last post for a day or so. Today we're packing up pretty much everything but the very basics. I've already got the pictures off the walls and most of the toys and clothes are in boxes ready to go. It's actually pretty exciting even though most people can't believe we are leaving our brand new house. I don't even think about that... I just know that we are moving to a better community with better schools and even though it may be a while before we are in a house again, I know that this is a good move for us.

My parents have changed plans a little. They are no longer moving to Utah, but have decided to go on a mission! (For those non Mormons out there... married senior couples can also go on missions. They don't go door to door like the young boys and girls do, but they still do work for the church). Anyway, they'll put in their papers over the next month or so and then they could get a call to anywhere in the world. My dad is hoping they go to Germany (where he went when he was 19 yrs old) or to Russia maybe. My mom is hoping for the Caribbean or some island. But they could also get a call to Kansas as well! It's all very exciting and we're happy for them. They'll be gone for 23 months. After that they will move to Utah to continue their retirement.

After Matt drops us off in Utah he is flying out to New Jersey to attend Sami's graduation and his dad's retirement. He's very excited like always to go home to see his family. We are hoping to set aside some money after we sell our house and go there for Christmas. It's been a while since we've been there with the kids.

After Matt gets back from New Jersey he'll hang here in California until the end of July, then he'll join us in Utah and start his new agency. Pretty scary to start over again, but he's excited and very confident that it will be perfect this time around. He's "been there done that" and isn't going into it needing to learn. He knows what is takes now and will do it. I can't wait.

As far as the house goes... no bites yet! We have a lot of things going against us right now and we have had to lower the price so much we're practically giving it away. First, there are about 25 homes in this area for sale, so buyers have a lot of choices. Second, the interest rates have gone up so people are not buying right now. And last, most people that buy up here in the high desert work down the hill about an hour away... with gas prices so high, no one wants this commute. The ONLY thing going for us now is that our house will be empty which makes it move in ready and also summer is here now which is when people like to move. So hopefully we'll start getting buyers. Just keep praying for us!!! We don't want to lower the price anymore.

Okay, that's my update for the day. Gotta get back to packing. I'll update again on Wed night before we leave if I can get to a computer and hopefully the hotel will have a computer so I can give a "road trip" update. Until then...

3 comments:

~Denise said...

Loved the Josh Blue video! keep me updated on what happens... I don't have tv! :-O Glad the slumber party went well! Crossing my fingers your house sells... cause then maybe mine will too!

Neen and Mike said...

Hey Lindi... sending positive thought for the house getting sold... good luck with the packing and the kids on the road. Check in when you can... or maybe I'll text you to make sure yuo haven't thrown the kids out at the half way mark :)

AshleyS said...

I learned something today--I didn't know older couples went on missions as well!

Have fun packing!!