Sunday, June 11, 2006

Summer Pie Recipe!


okay, I heard about this recipe and tried it out today. The kids LOVED it. It's very refreshing and perfect for summer. It's also so easy and anyone can make it. Here are the things you need (not necessarily the exact brands, but you get the idea).

You'll need 2 of the oreo cookie pie crusts. Then you take the vanilla ice cream and set it out until it's melted enough to stir easy. Pour all of it into a big bowl. Then take the frozen lemonade. Now you can use different flavors. I used a raspberry lemonade tonight because they didn't have regular lemonade. Mix the frozen lemonade into the ice cream until it's all blended. Pour into both pie crusts (yes, you are making 2 pies). Then put into freezer for a few hours. Take out of freezer and top with cool whip and sprinkle the top with crushed oreo cookies. Then put back into freezer for another hour. Serve and enjoy!!! Oh, and because I used the raspberry lemonade I used the strawberry flavored cool whip. It's up to you how you wanna mix it up!

3 comments:

Neen and Mike said...

As yum as as that looks it's a little cold for us here at the moment. Also those are all American things... silly America being so far away...

Anonymous said...

Lindi that looks really good. I will have to try it sometime, soon :)...Thanks for posting it & great blog too.

AshleyS said...

loving the new look of your blog!!!!!