So today, Saturday... Probably could have been a better day. Saturdays are the only days that Alisa and her boys and me and my kids are home all day long. Preston and Parker are with their dad Friday nights and Sunday nights. So today, Saturday, all 5 kids are home. Wouldn't have been so bad, but it was a very hot day today and the kids just didn't want to be outside and we didn't want them outside, they were turning red and starting to smell... so 5 kids were in the house, bored. We tried movies, toys, it really didn't matter, when you get a 3, 3, 4, 5 and 6 yr old together, it will get annoying no matter what.
So Alisa and I took turns "getting away". I took the kids to Target and to wash the van for about an hour, then I came home and Alisa took her boys to the grocery store and then to get a snow cone. It was a much needed break from the nursery we have going here.
Then Alisa had a great idea... so we thought. "Let's take the kids to a drive-in movie"! We decided on Superman and the kids were excited. They were given showers and baths, then got their pj's on and grabbed their pillows. We drove to the drive in about 10 minutes before the movie started and saw there was a HUGE line. Finally getting in the parking lot the movie had already started, but no biggie, just the beginning credits.
Vans and trucks have to stay in the back, so Alisa and her car drove up to the front while I found a spot in the back... towards the middle. The parking lot was packed and everyone was already settled watching the movie. I found a spot, opened up the back of the van, took the carseats out of the back seats so I could lay the seat down and get the kids all cozy sitting in the back. Then a man comes up to me "Can you lower your back door, we can't see". GRRRRRR. So then I had to turn the van around, but it was so squishy and packed in there, there was no way. The kids were facing forward with the movie behind us.
So I had to back out, which took a while and drove to the end of the row. I was so frustrated at this point. I parked in a spot at the end of the row just to have one of the worker guys tell me it wasn't a parking spot. I unloaded on him about the rude guy and being squished and having carseats out and the kids and bla bla bla. He said I could stay in that spot.
So we finally get settled. Gavin sitting in the front seat, Sydney in her seat and Bailey on my lap. They enjoy the first big scene of Superman saving the plane! Gavin loved it. I look back to see Sydney asleep. So I fix her in her carseat and buckle her up. Then I look over to see Gavin sleeping. So I get out, carry him to his carseat in the back and buckle him in. So it's just me and Bailey.... but just for another 10 min and Bailey is out. I do the same, carry him to the back and buckle him in.
Alisa calls me and says her boys are also sleeping. Since I had seen the movie before and didn't have to pay for the kids to get in since they were all under 9 years old, I sucked it up, lost my $5 and went home. It wasn't a total loss, I did see about 1/2 the movie... sort of.
Got home and one by one had to carry 3 very heavy sleeping kids down the stairs. I guess I can say I got my workout today.
Now I'm so excited because my car is making a noise that stops every time I hit the breaks, but then continues on. So tomorrow I have to transfer the carseats to Matt's car and find a way to get the van to a Kia dealership so they can check out the new noise it's making.
We've been here 16 days and this is actually the first day that I've been annoyed... and it's really just because it was hot and things just didn't go as planned, but that happens sometimes. Tomorrow is the big World Cup game, then church, then maybe to a park to feed the ducks or something relaxing. We're supposed to get thunderstorms tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be a little cooler outside. Go France!
No comments:
Post a Comment