Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!!!

It wasn't as fun as our little neighborhood firework show, but it sure was an adventure. Alisa and I put pj's on the kids and we drove over to the local high school which is on a hill. Everyone else had the same idea since the hill was pretty crowded with folks on blankets, chairs and whatever else they could find to sit on. We found a nice spot and laid the kids down on a blanket. Suddenly the sprinklers came on... people scattered everywhere. We grabbed the kids and blankets and ran down the hill to the sidewalk along with about 100 other people. A man pointed out to me that a blanket had been left behind... and it wasn't a blanket, but my sweater! So with my trusty flip flops on, I braved the sprinkler hill and got my sweater.... and to make things even more fun, I made sure I slipped on my butt on the way down. Flip flops and wet grass and a hill do NOT mix well. I lost so many cool points.

So the hill was soaked and we left. We then drove over to Costco parking lot which is also up on a hill and right in front of the park where the fireworks would be. We also were pretty lame to think we were the only ones with that idea. The parking lot was full, but it was perfect. No grass, no sprinklers! The kids all sat on blankets in the van and enjoyed the show.

I did my best at taking photos of the fireworks by leaving the shutter open and all that technical stuff, but I forgot my tripod, so they are a bit crazy looking and out of about 60 pictures only 3 turned out okay enough to keep.... thank goodness for digital!

Tomorrow, back to normal days and taking the kids to get their free lunch! I love it!!!

1 comment:

Neen and Mike said...

Cool points I love it...
Glad to hear you're still having a blast. Pretty quiet in our neck of the woods.