Saturday, August 12, 2006

We had a hail of a day!

A little after noon thunderstorm hit today... but it was anything but little! After the lightning and thunder it started pouring rain... then hail started coming down, and big hail too! The kids were outside playing in it until it started to get big enough to hurt them a bit. They kept saying snowballs were coming down! It was fun to see and the kids loved watching the storm.



With school starting up and Fall and Winter around the corner, it's time for new shoes! The kids have been wearing flip flops all summer, so today we put on their sneakers and boy were they tight! I had to get each kid a new pair of shoes. Sydney and Gavin need them for school and Bailey has even grown out of Gavin's size that he is wearing now, so he can't even wear his "hand me downs"! Grrr, hate it when that happens. Sydney's a big size 13 1/2, Gavin is now an 11 and Bailey a 10 1/2. The shoes they have now are all about a size smaller... ooops. I still have to get boots and church shoes for them, but for now, these will do.

2 comments:

Neen and Mike said...

I love that photo of Syd.... hope you all came through the storm undented!

~ RebekahBoo said...

Look at those pant legs...Different lengths on different legs. I love the oposites - cracks me up.