Saturday, August 12, 2006

My movie review and our stormy night.

Alisa and I went to see World Trade Center movie. We had heard that it wasn't about the actual attack, but more about the heroes. I really liked it. It didn't even show the planes hitting the towers or the towers falling, it pretty much was about two men (Nicholas Cage and some other guy) who were trapped and then rescued. There were many tearful scenes and I could hear sniffles all around me. Probably the most spiritual part was at the end it gave the stats on how many died, how many police, how many firemen and how many were rescued... you could hear a pin drop in the theater. After it was over everyone slowly walked out and no one was talking. I liked it and I'm glad I saw it. It gave me a new respect for the firefighters and policemen who were on the scene.

On our way home we saw the most amazing lightning all around us. We hurried home so I could get out my fancy camera and take some lightning pictureres... (NO, this isn't my picture... I had to google this one). I tried and tried, but I'm not familiar with all my settings just yet and for the life of me I could NOT figure out how to keep the aputure open long enough to get a good lightning shot. By the time I figured it out, the storm had passed... grrrrr.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some pics of the kids. I'm taking them to this little fair going on at the community center.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Id love to see this movie when it comes out. Just under a month before its the anniversary, still makes me a little teary each year....

Neen and Mike said...

Every time hear the song New York Minute I erupt into tears still. I'm glad you saw it and glad you liked it.
Have fun at the fair. Let me know if you'll be online later. Jes and I had a good chat yesterday.