Thursday, August 17, 2006

Yikes... kids ARE expensive!!!

I guess you never really know how much a kid can cost you until you get them ready for school. On the news the other day it said the average parent will pay around $523 getting their kid ready... this includes school supplies, clothes and shoes. Well, we don't have that much and wont spend that much, but I'm sure once the kids are older and need more school items, we'll be right up there! We got Sydney a cheap little backpack at Walmart that she just loved and I loved even more because it was only $4.95!!! Lunch pail was about the same. Then my mom (thank you again mom), helped us out with getting some clothes for her. We still need to get her more shoes and winter clothes, but we'll wait for winter.

Gavin starts preschool next month and I'll have to get him some clothes as well, but luckily preschool doesn't require a backpack or lunch pail!

Here are some pictures of Sydney modeling her new school clothes. She picked out everything herself and even swiped the gift card by herself... so according to her, she bought all her own school clothes this year! LOL


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I've only bought school supplies and 2 back backs, we've already spent $130. I still have to pay $25 for each kids (the boys) for school supply fee's at school! OUCH!

AshleyS said...

she's workin' it!!

Neen and Mike said...

Hahaha So cute your little model