This has been one of the craziest years for us. We never knew what would happen in the months to come. It was a year of change.
In February we purchased a home and Matt started a new job working as a recruiting assistant with my dad. After 4 months my dad retired and he and my mom made a decision to go on a mission. This left Matt and I with a choice, get a new job in California, or finally move to Utah which had been on our minds for a few years. We had talked about Utah before, but there was never really an opportunity, and now there was.
We put our brand new home up for sale and I took the kids in June to move into my sister's basement. Matt followed a few months later. It was a rough summer and things didn't go as planned. Our home didn't sell until October which put a huge financial burden on us. Matt had a little trouble finding a good paying job which was also hard to deal with. But all in all, we were happy to be here and we knew we made the right decision.
Matt now has a job with Beneficial Financial, which he is excited about. I am fully pursuing my passion as a photographer and I'm starting to make it a career which I hope I can one day do full time. Bailey was potty trained this summer making all of our kids out of the "baby" stage. Sydney is in first grade and loves school and is doing great. Gavin can't get enough of preschool and is excited to go there 3 days a week.
I can't wait to see what 2007 will bring us!
1 comment:
I know - what a CRAZY year 2006 turned out to be. Everyone has had some amazing highs and some terrible lows... I am prayer that 200 will be roser and alot more stable... ;)
Post a Comment