Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I could not be more sore and tired!

So today was probably the craziest day since I started working at Beehive. Just to catch you up to speed... I have 4 managers who are all equal that use me as their secretary/assistant (I use both because 2 call me secretary and 2 call me assistant). Anyway... not only do I do things for the four of them, but Tim, my main boss, has 10 supervisors under him that also have me do little things for them here and there. And then there are the American Fork plant manager and 2 other floor managers I do things for.

Now granted, not all 30 plus people ask me to do things all the time... but today... they ALL did!

So I get there at 7:00am and right away I have 4 projects on my desk... all pretty simple, done in 45 minutes.

8:00am was my first meeting. I was assisting in conducting the meeting and I was taking the minutes... I had to pee sooooo bad!! (sorry, just had to throw that in there). So meeting #1 ran over by 10 minutes... I had about 30 seconds to run and pee and then unplug the laptop, run to the other conference room where everyone was all waiting for me and set up there. Yes, they all sat there staring at me while I plugged in.

9:00am was meeting #2 that ended up also running over... by 45 minutes!!! So at 10:45 I finally get out of that meeting and run to my desk to 3 other project sitting there waiting for me. One is a big project that I know I wont get done today and that irritates me because I hate leaving things undone. grrr

11:45am the sandwiches arrive for the lunch meeting at noon. I take the box into the conference room and set up... again, plugging in the laptop and setting up the presentation. I sort of eat lunch while everyone is doing introductions since this is a new "team" that was just put together. I had about 4 minutes to eat.... then I had to pee again... but the meeting was just starting... grrrr

1:00pm the meeting ends, but only because I get a phone call on my work cell from my other manager saying that my 1:00pm meeting has just started and they are waiting for me. So I unplug the laptop AGAIN and haul arse over to the other conf room where a room full of people are waiting on me... because I'm doing the presentation and have all the notes on my laptop. I plug in once again....

2:00pm that meeting ends... I'm finally done with meetings... but then I get to my desk to 2 new projects. Now lets see, that's 9 projects in one day... uhhhh.

I begin working on the new projects and get frustrated that I wont finish the big one... hate leaving stuff undone.

3:30pm I'm off work... I run to the grocery store because we have no food in this apartment and it's annoying to take the kids shopping with me. I come home and change into my workout clothes and have an amazing workout and now my shoulders are killing me.

It's now 8pm ... kids are all in bed.... and I have a HUGE pile of laundry to fold.

I love my life!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at least you can think of your workouts as YOU time...just you and the work out.