Monday, December 01, 2008

Mommy... can we get a pet???

So for at least a year I've been hearing it... "mommy, can we get a dog? a cat? bird? fish?" I've avoided the cat thing since I'm very allergic. I've avoided the dog thing saying that we have an apartment and we'd have to pay extra rent to have a dog. So Sydney's 3rd grade teacher this year gets bunnies. It's supposed to teach the students responsibility and how to take care of a pet without actually getting a pet. The students take turns bringing these bunnies home on the weekends. After months of telling Sydney no, I finally gave in and the bunnies came home. All the excitement among the kids lasted maybe.... ohhh... about 2 hours. Once they started to smell and they were boring, the kids were over it. Sydney had fun with them but was ready to take them back to class on Monday :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would take a cat over bunnies anyday. those things REEEEEEK!

Lindi said...

I agree. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm beyond allergic to cats... I would so get one.