Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Utah here we come!

Well, not today, but I have made up a schedule and we will soon be on our way! The house still hasn't sold, but people are calling about it, so hopefully we'll get someone to put in an offer. Matt is driving his car to Utah this Wed. and will be home Sunday night. He is getting his Utah drivers license and also registering his car, then he'll leave it there and fly home. Here's a map so you can see where Murray is... it's just south of Salt Lake City.



I'm planning to take the kids to Disneyland one last time, (not forever, but for a while), sometime this week or next before the summer tourist get there... it'll be sad knowing it's our last time, but I'm sure it'll be a vacation place in the future.

Okay, now here is our busy schedule in case you care...

June 16 - Sydney's last day of school
June 21 - We're picking up the truck from U-haul and packing everything except our bed mattresses and bedding that we'll use to sleep on that night... it'll be like camping out in an empty house!
June 22 - We'll wake up, throw in the mattresses and any last minute items and start the drive to Utah. Matt will be driving the truck while I hang in the van with the 3 kids... this will be interesting. We're not driving the entire way, so we'll be stopping in St. George that night... which is about 1/2 way.
June 23 - Leave early and drive to Murray, UT. We still haven't figured out how we're going to unload at Alisa's place since we wont be able to get the truck in her parking lot... but we'll figure that out when we get there. We may just end up having to park it on the street and then use the van and Matt's car to drive the beds to her door.
June 24 - We will finish unpacking, then take the kids to a soccer game
June 25 - I'm putting Matt on a plane back to California to finish up there. He's not going to stay in our empty house, so he'll just move in to my parents house until the end of July.
End of July... Matt will join us in Utah and begin his new career as as Agent.

Wooo, I get tired just thinking how crazy it's going to be. We are so excited about this move, it's something we've been wanting to do for a while and it's finally going to happen.

I'll update my blog later if anything exciting happens... LOL

No comments: