Friday, May 26, 2006

What a day!

So am I a bad mother for accidentally hitting the off button on the alarm and waking up just 20 minutes before Sydney had to be at school, making her quickly eat her breakfast and taking the boys in their pajamas as I rush her there just minutes before the bell rang? Or am I a good mother for getting Sydney to school just minutes before the bell rang?

Oh what a morning!!! After a busy afternoon at Disneyland I was so tired last night. When the alarm went off this morning I must have hit the off instead of snooze and woke up at 8:05 a.m. (we leave around 8:15 a.m.). My biggest goal was to get Sydney dressed and fed, the boys... well, they could be taken care of later after we drop her off. Sydney is a bit slow in the mornings and it was a battle getting to dressed and fed in record time, but we did it! I threw the boys in the van and Sydney with her shoes still untied and her hair in shambles got buckled up for yet another roller coaster ride to school. We made it there safe just as the gate was ready to close. She had brushed her hair on the way so it looked nice and I quickly tied her shoes and believe it or not, she looked just beautiful for getting ready in about 10 minutes! The teacher saw us pull up and left the gate open for her and just as she walked in, the bell rang... whew, made it in time!!! I rock!

So now we're home and I have plenty to do today. Once I get myself showered and dress and get the boys in the bath and dressed I have a list of chores for myself. I have laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, making the beds and the house needs a good vacuum. Not to forget, to water the plants outside. I do have to say, for some reason the house isn't as messy as when matt is home... interesting....

So here are a few pictures from our trip to the happiest place on earth! It wasn't our last time there, but our last time for a while... I mean, Utah is a little more than a hour away and I don't think we'll be going there as often as we do now. I think the kids had a blast and I made sure they got to do all they wanted to do. It was a little sad and I think the ONLY thing I'll miss about living here in California is our frequent trips to Disneyland. I guess we'll have to find a new hot spot in Utah to go to.



Tonight Sydney has her first sleepover birthday party to go to. But Sydney has expressed to me that she doesn't think she wants to sleep over... with Matt gone I would hate to have to get the boys out of bed in the middle of the night to pick her up, so I also think it's a good idea she sleeps at home. She is excited though and I think I may take the boys out to dinner while she is there... a mommy and sons date.

Still no bites on the house. A lot of flyers are being taken, but no offers yet. I really hope things pick up by the time summer hits. Well, I better get going on my day!

No comments: