Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Call me crazy

Call me crazy but I think I just told Sydney she could have a slumber party on her last day of school! She has always wanted one and I figure since she's moving and wont see these kids again, why not? I've given her a limit of 6 girls knowing that 3 of them are from church. The other 3 I have no idea who they are but sydney said they are her friends that she plays with at school. I wonder how many parents will let their young daughters sleep over here without knowing me? I know for sure Sydney would NEVER be allowed to go to a slumber party unless I know the mom and the dad very well.

So her last day of school is the 16th, a Friday night. Then we will begin to pack up everything for the big move later that week.

On another note... one of my goals this year was to take more pictures of me. I'm always the one behind the camera and most of the pictures I take are of the kids. I don't want future generations, great grandkids and their kids not knowing what I looked like. I put on some make up and fixed my hair, then held my camera out with my hand and started shooting away. I actually took about 22 photos (thank goodness for digital cameras). I was pretty surprised how many I liked and this one was my favorite... so much so that it's now my profile picture on my blog and also on scrapjazz! LOL. I think I'll do a layout with it for my Book of Me I've been working on... (for a year now and I only have 2 pages done).

4 comments:

Neen and Mike said...

So cute... I like your eyes in this photo...

Jes said...

i love this, it's so beautiful! great job hun! :D

Jes said...

i love this one! so beautiful!! great job hun!!! :D

~ RebekahBoo said...

that's a awesome photo. I love it.