Monday, June 05, 2006

My Favorite Inventions!

So what does one do when they have to take a 7 hour road trip with 3 kids who are too old to take long naps, and too young to sit and read a book or play hand held video games (at least 2 of them are)??? The wonderful portable DVD player! As I was looking ahead at our upcoming trip to Utah I finally buckled and got a DVD player for the van. It's not installed on the roof, but it's 2 screens that are attached to the back of my head-rest and the passenger head-rest. It was pretty cheap, which means it wont last forever, but who cares! I can finally take a trip without hearing the cries of boredom. The ONLY draw back is that I have to listen to their movies and not have the radio on, but that is a sacrifice I'm willing to make! Utah, here we come... quietly!!!

Another great invention is the web cam! After missing my new friends from New Zealand I was chatting with them and was able to see them and they could see me... and my 3 kids who also loved seeing themselves! It was so cool. We could also hear each other through special microphones and it was amazing that we were making a free computer phone call to New Zealand!

The last but not least... my very favorite invention is excerdrine! Yes, what a wonderful gift to have on hands at all time. At those moments when it's too hot outside and kids don't want to play out there, so they are in the house, running, screaming, fighting and making a mess... excedrine is the greatest things since sliced bread.

Now if the flying car would get invented my life would be complete!

1 comment:

Neen and Mike said...

Ahhh so famous... now we can see you in Utah too!