I LOVED it!!!! The day started at 5:45 am, much earlier than I usually get up, but I wanted to make sure I was ahead of schedule. The kids were great and got up happy, got dressed and ate their pop tarts... (part of the agreement that they need to get up and be happy in the morning).
I dropped them off at the daycare at 6:45am and I was so happy that there were no tears or "mommy don't go's." They all went into their classrooms and started playing right away while I slipped out the door.
I arrived at the train station planning to get on the 7:13am train, but another one had just arrived, so I hopped on that one. It was a nice relaxing ride into the city.
I got there about 7:20am and started the long walk to the COB (Church Office Building). It's a good 10 minute walk, but it was nice walking through the temple grounds with all the beautiful tulips out... I'm bringing my camera tomorrow! I sat outside the building for a few minutes and watched various brides and grooms get their pictures taken around the Temple... I even learned some tricks that I can use!
Another 5 minute walk to my building after I got all signed in and got my pass. The job itself is a lot of fun. I spend time on the phone scheduling appointment, meetings and interviews and do other secretary stuff like sort mail, order food for the meetings and greet people as they come in. Everyone was so nice to me and welcomed me. It was a great environment.
So lunch was fun. They over ordered food for a big meeting and offered me a free box lunch of a sandwich, chips, soda and cookie! I took it of course... it was free! I went outside to the temple grounds, sat on the grass and ate my lunch... again, watching photographers take pictures of the brides! (Yes, I did covet a little at the amazing cameras and lenses they used... but I also observed a lot and saw some great poses that I plan to make Diana and Aaron do!)
After lunch I went back to my desk and was left alone... my "trainer" was only training me until lunch, then I was on my own. I picked up on everything really fast and didn't have too many questions.... I was happy to have caught on really fast.
Work was over at 4:45pm and I hopped on the 5:00'ish train getting back to my car around 5:30pm! It was a great day and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!!!
Now... this is a temp job that could become permanent... so keep those prayers coming my way... I totally want this job!!!!
5 comments:
I am so happy it went so well!
Michelle
it sounds great! i sure hope everything works out for you and that this becomes a perm position, that would be way awesome!! :D
Wow...I totally missed you got a job!! Woo-hoo! I'm glad you liked it and it went so well!
that makes for a terrifically long day, brides that early in the morning , I cannot imagine.
That sounds awesome Lindi!
Post a Comment